To transfer a .au domain name to Geekware you will need
- The domain EPP/Authcode (password)
- Access to the registrant contact email address
Things to consider before transferring a .au domain name to Geekware
- Once a domain enters PENDINGTRANSFER status, it’s name servers cannot be modified until the transfer is complete. You may want to modify your domains name servers before beginning the transfer.
- If the domain is expiring within 89 days, you will have an option to renew the domain during transfer.
Approving the .au domain transfer
Once a request has been made to transfer the .au domain to Geekware, an email will be sent to the registrant contact email address of the domain (this email can take 1-2 hours to be sent). You can check what the current registrant contact email address for your .au domain is atAusRegistry’s website.
If you do not currently have access to this email address, you must contact your current registrar and request they update your domain registrant contact email address.
To proceed with the transfer, an approval link that is provided to the registrant contact email address must be clicked. Once clicked, the request to transfer the domain begins. It generally takes 48 hours from the moment the link is clicked for the .au domain to be transferred to Geekware.
.au domain transfer process
- Registrant contact email address clicks an approval link
- Geekware advise AusRegistry of transfer request
- Domain enters PENDINGTRANSFER status
- Current registrar release domain (typically within 48 hours of request)
- Domain is transferred to Geekware