This tutorial will help you set up the Mozilla Thunderbird™ e-mail client to work with your e-mail account.
To Set Up Your E-mail Account in Mozilla Thunderbird
- In Mozilla Thunderbird, from the Tools menu select Account Settings.
- Select Email account, and then click Next.
- Enter your name and e-mail address.
- Select POP or IMAP as the type of incoming server you are using. Your incoming server is the one provided to you by Geekware. The standard is mail.yourdomain.com.au. Click Next.
- Enter your e-mail address for the Incoming User Name, and Outgoing User Name. Click Next.
- Enter a name for your email account and click Next.
- Verify your account information and click Finish.
- In the Account Settings window, select Outgoing Server listed below your new account.
- Type mail.(yourdomain name) for the Server Name and change the Port setting to 465 if using Plesk or 587 for CPanel.
- Select Use name and password and enter your e-mail address. Thunderbird will ask you for your password the first time you try to send mail. Click OK.